R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Arrma Limitless 1/7 Drag Build Help Please ?
Old 01-23-2023, 09:51 PM
flymetonight
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nineball
You can run like the RCDRL and RCHRA guys with foams, locked diffs, around 1:1 gearing, as many cells as you can fit, and a LOT of homemade tire prep... really not different from speed running. They still swap shocks for turnbuckles, run similar gearing, etc.

But that's an old formula that tops out around 1.6s for a 132ft pass. We're hitting that with 2wd cars on 2s now.

So if you want to do it right, combining the knowledge we've picked up on the no-prep side... get as high of KV as you can for whatever voltage you want, and make sure you get a sensored motor. When I was dream building a large scale drag car, it came down to something like the TP4070CM 2970KV for 6s, which is a decent power/weight ratio for the limitless. Gear it steep, like 11/36, and throw all the timing your esc will allow at it.

If it were me, I'd throw something like 25million in the front diff, 2mil in the center and rear. I'd also go with belted rubber tires and the same sauce we use for no-prep (because I know it the method. Also, drag racing is a lot harder on foams than speed running.). If you've got a fancy radio like the M17, set your throttle point so you can bury it and go. Otherwise, I hope your throttle control is good.
Nice Info dude
THX alot.

I will buy one TP4070CM 2970kv , have it 6s, that must be sick.
And Castle ESC.

The softest 17mm Belted rubber wheels are GRP Ultra Soft Slicks now. Will try them with sauce.

Fix the diffs, and play with gearing.
This will be fun

Drag GPS this is a must have 😂

THX again for help
Great