R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I haven't seen anyone talking about it yet, but AMB's patent is expiring soon.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:26 AM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
True, but there is also another guy I believe somewhere in east Europe who is just putting numbers in is product. Beside that, when everyone can create transponder w/o any licence, what about that "unique" number? The chance that you will face someone on a race with a same ID is very small, but the chance someone with another brand transponder did register it on Mylaps is much bigger.
Well in MRT's case, they only risk issue if there are more than 20 drivers running MRT at the same time... I have to imagine other clones may follow similar practice. Most big race events limit around 15 drivers max per race so the 20 unique number limit isn't an issue provided folks know how to toggle between the numbers, ha!

I personally like having cloned numbers which makes it easy to register the same number for multiple classes and if you have a spare buggy, you can quickly swap out cars in a pinch without having to swap the PTX