R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 09:13 AM
MULMZ2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Received the Hackfab Omni chassis and converted the B on Saturday. Still waiting for a couple of parts and hope to order a set of JConcepts Scorpios and servo today, so I haven't ran it yet and can't comment on performance, but I have a feeling the Rally setup is going to be a lot more fun and useful than a B or T. The fit and finish of the Hackfab parts is top notch, I highly recommend. The Europa body due to it's width in my opinion is the perfect body for what I'm doing. I will try and post a couple pics later this week.

I plan on going with a 5200KV 3 cell setup once I put MIP CVD's and Slipper on it, I want to be in the high 30's - low 40's. Really hoping the chassis can handle the power and still be controllable. As of now it's super light. I also like the idea of the Hot Racing Spindles and Rear Hubs due to the bigger bearings and the weight they will add, but I am positive I read the Hubs don't work with the MIP CVD's, can anyone confirm this?

Current set up is battery behind the servo and esc behind the battery. Plan to mount the receiver in between the ESC and waterfall mount. Using RPM a-arms. I wanted the rear shocks on the outside of the tower while retaining the B towers, they are a tad lower/narrower than the T's. I'm using T rear arms, which RPM states is not possible, but it is if you flip the tower, use the wing mount screw in place of the Losi standoff, and mount the shock so that the spacer is on the inside instead of the outside. The shock angle is very close if not exactly the same as stock. For now I'm using T springs. Ride height is currently at 11mm with BK Bars, but that may increase once the Scorpios are mounted.