R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Philosophy in R.C
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 10:51 PM
LiL CeeZ
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
Cool thread. I used to have goals about RC racing. I wanted to make the X main or finish in the top Y... whatever.

Still very competitive, but my "philosophy" / goals have changed....
1. Have Fun -- If you're not having fun then do something else.
2. Drive to the best of your ability -- Do what you can do on the track. Don't overdrive and wreck.
3. Drive within what your car's ability -- Sometimes you don't have a great car and it won't be able to do what you want it to do.
4. Don't beat yourself -- 90% of RC racing isn't really racing for position or trying to make a pass on a competitor. Enjoy it when you do get the opportunity to have good clean racing with others.

Just enjoy it.

Boy oh boy you hit the head of the nail with a huge hammer on number 3 and 4. Wrenching and making adjusments takes time to understand. When you make an adjustment and it's not what you thought it was gonna be, the best thing u can do is drive your car to its ability and that's probably one of the hardest things for most of us to do during a race which also falls into beating yourself. Spot on and probably the best advice anyone could take from this forum. Well said