R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 5.0
Thread: TLR 22 5.0
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 07:21 AM
nrtv20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
I think it's more likely they're facing the same supply chain and labor shortages the rest of the world is facing.

And to make things worse everything in the RC world is very low-margin and passion driven. If you have the technical skills needed to design and manufacture an RC car you'll make way more money doing that kind of work in literally any other industry. So not only are companies like TLR facing the same staffing challenges as everyone else, they probably can't afford to raise wages like everybody else is doing to attract employees. Finally, add in "Horizon shenanigans" on top of all of that and that's my guess as to why the 22 hasn't been updated in a while.
Probably not wrong with your assessment but until someone can beat Phend why release an even faster buggy? The guy is amazing and shows driver skill still rules supreme in RC. If the time comes the RC10BX.X proves better on the pro circuit than show off what they've developed. It's apparent there are some mods/hacks to improve the car. Most are relatively easy to install so why not let the RC community tinker with their toys and figure out what works for them. A great driver will be successful with anything, a good driver can succeed with a great car and a hobbyist will enjoy setups and modifying parts. All of these the 22 5.0 can be at this moment. But then again, let's get all the goodies and upgrades in one box! Elite 2.0?!?! I'm rooting for TLR no matter what they release, been driving their stuff since the JRx2 buggy when I was a youngling!