R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Info on new Sanwa
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 01:42 AM
gigaplex
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
I believe what you are referring to as a "fast servo mode" is similar to what Sanwa calls calls "SHR" which is basically "Digital Servo Mode". Yes it is a faster mode than "normal", but it is still not the high refresh direct mode like SSR/SXR.

The "SR" mode on Futaba is only available on the R33, and R40 receivers. And as far as I am aware, that mode will not enable on the radio unless it detects one of those receivers connected to it.

But i do understand the issue with Sanwa going FH-5 completely. And in many ways, i cant say i blame them. The market has become flooded with FH-4 clone receivers, and being distributed by more mainstream companies with a wider distribution. It makes sense to close off their ecosystem from a financial shareholder standpoint. As a consumer i am bummed, but at least i can make sense of it.

My hope is that the MT-R doesnt have the same SSR/SUR bug, same as the older MT-S it is based off of had, where SSR/SUR had noticeable input lag to it, making it slower than SHR mode.
I was mixing up the R30 and R33 receivers, since at least locally for me, they're the same price. The R40 are the expensive ones.