R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Euro Truck Class
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 05:57 PM
V8 Rumble
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuck in indy
Thanks to IndyRCRacer for getting me back to the track, this class puts the focus back on the driver, not setup, high end chassis, etc. I’m not against the high end stuff but with a busy schedule it’s nice to have a class where you can show up every now and then and not have to worry about technology passing you by as fast.

I’ve ran my Tamiya Euro truck for 5 weeks and everything looks good wear and tear wise. I would say I will probably be able to go another 10 weeks before having to change front tires and maybe the motor. I have about 25 - 4 to 8 minutes runs in the 5 weeks I have raced.

After being away for nearly a year, the biggest tip in this class that helped me was that you have to coat the front tire sidewalls with CA glue. We run on black carpet with high grip and it’s the best way to prevent the truck from traction rolling. Outside of that, keep up with normal maintenance, keep it clean, stay off the barriers, other trucks on the track and you’ve got yourself a recipe for fun and maybe an occasional podium or win.

5th week after about 25 - 4 to 8 minute runs…
Same here. This has been some of the most fun racing I've had with these trucks.