R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Making Tires with 3D Printed Molds
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 08:24 AM
RC10Nick
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvertriple
I decided to work to improve my printer cooling : at this stage, I had still some problems with overhangs and bridges which results some of the spikes being improperly printed for my moulds.
A few prints and test later I'm able to print with overhangs at 70° angles without any issue and with a proper quality and this with a 0.2MM thickness by layer. going down on the thickness per layer should even improve this.

Next is to add some centering plots to my mould and reprint the mold in lower layer thickness than my first print. This will be long prints, but with the quality improvement and lower layer thickness it should be good enough to start with...

RC10Nick , what product do you use to prepare your moulds? Unmoulding agent only or do you do something else in addition?

Thanks
I use Stoner E236 Urethane Mold Release.

Funny story, I accidentally bought a can of Stoner Zero Stick Mold Release because I wasn't paying very close attention when I ordered it. Pretty sure that's the reason for my recent mold release problems. I've got a can of the E236 on the way so hopefully that's all my problem was.