R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Paragon Traction Action
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 05:49 PM
koabich
Tech Master

Traction Action is the "new" prefered traction compound at my track. When I say prefered, it's the only thing the store will sell and pretty much let you run. Before TA we were all using TQ and Jack the Gripper compounds. This is an indoor, tight carpet track where everyone runs foams. The drivers using the TQ products were always running some mix of the TQ compounds (1/2 bottle of orange, 1/4 or red and 1/4 of blue...stuff like that). The majority were running Jack the Gripper. Well when the track imposed the Traction Action mandate we all tried it for a month and no one seemed to like it or get it to work as good as Jack was working. After some complaining, we can run Jack on the track but the store refuses to sell it. Needless to say, 90% of the guys run Jack

Personally, I tried everythig tto get it to work on the track. Everything from letting it soak in for several minutes to 45 minutes. Putting the car on the track with the tires wet with the stuff to drying the tires off several minutes before running. It never came close to Jack the Gripper.

If the carpet had been brand new when we started running TA, the results may have been different. But since we were running Jack and TQ stuff on the carpet for about 6 months before running TA on the same carpet, the other compounds on the carpet could have adverse effects on TA causing it to be not as effective.