R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Limited slip diff for Slash 2wd, stronger!
Old 09-08-2022, 04:43 AM
SFL
Tech Initiate

The metal diff I ordered is (in theory) sealed, and I ordered some 100k oil to go with it, crossing my fingers on that one. I checked out the 272R gearbox, Traxxas has a nice promotional page about it and it does read like it's a significant improvement over the old one. Visually the diff on that one looks like it should be stronger, and they call it "heavy duty" in their sales material. However I emailed Traxxas support asking about it and they said it's no stronger. I'm still considering trying that gearbox if the adjustments to the slipper and motor control don't stop things from breaking on the old one. Here is a copy/paste of my email with Traxxas support, who is impressively responsive by today's standards:

My mail to Traxxas (they previously suggested loosening the slipper clutch):
Thank you very much for the tip, I will try your suggestion with the slipper clutch. Also I see that Traxxas has an upgraded gearbox part number 272R. Can you tell me if this contains a stronger differential than the original gearbox (stronger gearbox in general), and would it be a direct drop-in replacement?
Traxxas response to me:
Hello,

It is a direct drop in replacement but the differential is no stronger.

Sincerely
Stefano
Traxxas Support

If you need immediate assistance please contact our Customer Service department 7 days a week, 8:30am to 9:00pm Central Time at one of the following numbers:

US Customers 1-888-TRAXXAS (Toll Free)
Outside of US 001-972-549-3000