R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Making Tires with 3D Printed Molds
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 09:01 AM
silvertriple
Tech Adept

Printer is back online, and my tests can resume... I reset all cura parameters to default and set a temp tower to reconfirm the temperature... Which is exactly what was set before. The retraction is now different and bubbles no more (maybe the clogging issue was coming from this).

Today's printing test has two objectives: confirm lettering would work. I'm printing this test in 0.2mm per layer. There should be a way to do better than this... And it should work.

Next objective is to make sure spikes can print properly as there is bridges and no support, and this will be the difficulty.

The first row of spikes seems perfect, even on the bridged part...

on the second row the overhangs are harder... A few degree of angle can change a lot. That being said: I've not done a single cooling optimisation yet on the printer and all is set to default. I have in mind he fact I want to change the extruder by a direct drive extruder and improve the cooling... But for the first test, it is not really bad.

I will print the full mould over the week-end. This is good progress and also good insights for other moulds which should be much easier to print than this one...