R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 08-23-2022, 04:43 PM
belewis01
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
For your soda formula try adding Karo syrup one dark and one light to your mixture.I mix mine with 4-6 cheap Walmart high sugar sodas and spray.
Thanks for all the tire testing posts and your spray recipes. Here in NorCal, a lot of us have gone to snow cone syrup and water. Used to use VHT, but found the track changed significantly during the day - not to mention the high price. We lay down a medium coat 1st thing in the AM, and typically do a light respray about 30 minutes after practice starts.

Re: TP F1 tires - Nice to hear you are getting the med fronts to work. We started with the mediums, but found they built up a lot of grip as the day went on, often over powering the rears. Most went to the hard fronts, which stayed the same all day long, and work well in the heat. We did have to change the tune up a bit to get back steering. Now that our series is about over, I need to try the medium fronts again - I have several sets . Most are using medium rears, with the occasional soft.

I have a few good sets of Hudy / Gravity left, it will be interesting to put them back on after racing most of the year on TP.