R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Zelos Tuning Problems
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 06:49 AM
1995 Monster T
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Craigthecutter
So, if I put it into the lake/water and let it rev into my knee and try to tune it,

I dont want to let it blitz out to the lake just yet. I really want to tune it and learn it.....

So, you think its worth while? All I have done so far is get it to start and it dies.... So if I get the water pumping through the head and then start tuning it could actually work out?
No matter what you do if the engine isn't water co0led it will overhear and not run long enough to adjust the carb.

The motor needs to water cooled. It is best if you get the carb settings close before going to the lake.

I always check my boats before I go to the lake. I use a gallon jug filled with water and add another fuel line to extend the pick -up line outside the hull to the bottom of the jug. Then you can start the motor and it will run if the pump is pumping water threw the water jacket. Make sure the water is pumping by removing the line on the exhaust side from jacket to the header. If engine is running them water is flowing. Make adjustments to get the low and idle set close. Leave the high until you get to the lake. NEVER run a boat out of the water full throttle it will cause damage!

If your boat has a clutch set your prop to slight spin as you will never get it to fully stop. as it isn't in the water. If no clutch slow it down till the engine stop and add 1/2 idle turn to start and check if you can start and run motor.