R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ni-Mh cell availability
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 02:11 PM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Do not glue your battery to the chassis. Jesus christ.

Don't shoot the messenger, I personally haven't done this myself, I am simply reporting what I've observed as a means to mitigate what I perceive as a design flaw. Fortunately the brand of buggy I run offers a carbon strap to properly secure the battery so the chassis flex doesn't damage the battery case and/or internal wiring of the balance leads. With the previous brand of car I ran, It was very common for me to have to disassemble my LiPo and re-solder the internal wiring for the balance wires. Ever since I switched to a brand with the carbon strap, no more balance wire problems. The guys who are gluing their batteries to the chassis... also not experiencing damaged balance wiring either. Major drawback to gluing your battery is that you can't easily swap batteries in the event your pack has a failure, you'll have to rely on double sided tape to finish your race day won't hold up as well as silicone.

Just because someone does something that seems weird, doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't an effective solution to a greater problem.