R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA08 Pro
Thread: Tamiya TA08 Pro
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 07:42 AM
Core Creations
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I’ve had the 08 since it was first released and got the main spares that were available on release. I have yet to see chassis and some of the kit specific spares come in stock in the US. I’m just surprised the manufacturing process is that far behind still. I won’t race my car if I don’t have a spare for likely breakages. In addition those same parts haven’t had aluminum hop ups or add ons to upgrade strength and reliability. I think the fact we haven’t seen an upper deck for use on high grip surfaces is pretty lame…this car has the potential to be a beast…but if you are running TCS spec…it’s a dog on carpet because of the flex.

I started worrying some when I saw the one way and ball diff as a hop up early on. It kind of seems that this car hasnt been designed with medium or high grip surfaces in mind at all catering to more the low grip carpet or asphalt.

Originally Posted by Raman
True that they’re announcing new cars but those cars and their respective spare parts become available 5-6 months out. Eg 420X was announced beginning of the year. Kit just arrived at tower, not much stock of spares.

Spares for older chassis are also very scarce. When they finally arrive are gone in an instant.