R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRX 3.3 Won't start
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 07:56 AM
1995 Monster T
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Windays
I just followed the manual. I've never leaned it past factory settings, I've never been able to. I also bought a gallon of fuel but have only been able to use a quart because of the issue's I've had.
The manual is only good for carb settings. I take 8-10 tanks @ idle before I start to drive a new a engine and tuning.1/2 that for a used engines. Your problem was you didn't add a fuel filter to prevent crap from blocking the carb which can lean out the engine and cause damage. You now have to remove the carb and clean out the high needle screw and the metering jet same side of carb opposite the low needle. Make sure its clear and put back together and set carb again and add a fuel filter. $4. Tip: every time you put fuel in the tank dust partials or foreign derby you can see can fall in the tank and overtime it will get stuck in the carb blocking the fuel flow. Engine will then not start and you have leaned out the engine. A fuel filter will prevent this. Most nitro don't come with a fuel filter or tell you to use one.