R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRX 3.3 Won't start
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 05:15 PM
Windays
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Sorry to hear about it, I just got a Revo 3.3 and noticed my throttle trim at 0 was too high and not closing the carb all the way, which caused some issues. If you ever get back to it, make sure all of your throttle points are set correctly (trim, full brake, full throttle), else you will have issues with the idle screw seemingly not doing anything.
That was one of the first thing's I did. I made sure at neutral throttle the carb closed fully. I also had to take off the servo horns and also adjust the arm lengths for the dual servo's so they weren't fighting each other and they were as neutral as possible at 0 trim.

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
You are almost certainly making too-large adjustments to the engine. If you've ever tuned a carburetor on any engine before, you know that getting the ideal fuel mixture can require adjustments so fine it sometimes feels like you didn't make any adjustment at all -- turning a mixture screw just enough to break the friction on its O-ring, allowing it to rest at an ever-so-slightly different position than it was before. All that crap about half-turns or quarter-turns is badly exaggerated. Once you've gotten the engine to where it will run at all, the adjustments you'll need to make to fine-tune it will be less than the width of the screwdriver slot.

WAAAAAIT A SECOND. You can turn the flywheel by hand, and it doesn't rotate the internal components of the engine? The flywheel is loose. The engine will never run properly with a loose flywheel.
At first I think I was making too large of adjustments but I also think it's been running extremely rich all along and when I was leaning it out and it acted like it was bogging down and not shifting into second, there was either something wrong with the transmission or something wrong with the flywheel. Running extremely rich is the only reason I can think of as to why there's so much fuel everywhere unless there is a leak somewhere.

And yes I can turn the flywheel by hand and it doesn't move the piston inside when I had the glow plug out nor does it move the wheels. It turns, acts like it's catching on something and then goes right past it and repeats. I'll pull it out and look at it and try to figure out what's wrong with it eventually but right now I'm kind of annoyed by it.