R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCCA reader's choice awards, the ballots are in
Old 05-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Phatkat
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by trixer
Alright, at what point do you guys not understand this, especially you phat. You seem like a rather intelligent human being, why don't you get it? It is a readers choice award, the winner is the majority, get it? Who gives a flying crap if that winner was influenced by a fancy magazine ad or a good sponsor, that reader formed an opinion and voted because of it.

Second of all, if you don't like the magazine, and don't want to support there efforts to make money, (last I checked it was not a non-profit organization), then don't buy it and leave it at that. Hardcore racers make up very little of the hobby itself, so is it really that hard to understand that what racers use is not the most popular? My favorite Nascar racer has a Snap-On tool set, and I buy Mac tools because I like them better, that makes me a bad person doesn't it?

As you can see by your signature, you seem to lack the ability to open your mind up to new ideas or opinions, nor do you have the ability to even attempt to understand someone elses opinion. I am a store manager for a living, and if I reacted the way you do to every opinion one of my guys gave me that I did not like, I would constantly be firing people. Get over it, grow up, and start a new mag, we'll see how long you can keep it going by telling your advertisers they are not allowed to place influential ads, you'll be broke in a month.

My mind is plenty open, but I only buy into things and ideas that aren't detrimental. Bush is detrimental. Rcca is detrimental, by that I am pointing to their imbalanced magazine.

You missed my point.

I am not advocating the banning of influential ads, as that is the nature of all ads, so don't make assumptions on my intent.