R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GL Racing GLA-Guilia!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 04:06 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking at the design, there are many things that I do like. Access to the diffs without needing to remove upper deck (from front and rear). Dual bell crank (which is why I believe it is a 102 limited car to make space). 64p gearing on the main gears. There are other places where I feel that it is refinement on the design, and not complete upgrades, like the stock front knuckle having separate ball studs unlike the GLA requiring the alu knuckle to get that.

The front bumper/body mount will not accept Kyosho style body clips, so this is a negative for those who have thought about using LM bodies on the car.

We have been discussing locally, and have not come to agreement whether 102mm would be permissible for club racing. Since we run at a large track, it may present too much advantage. We are also thinking about how we could get the 64p gears and double bell crank with saver onto the 98mm GLA chassis, or convert the Giulia chassis to 98 with a GLA shaft and shorter chassis. If any conversion would be developed, the goal would be fewest pieces needed... I would rather update the GLA to include the Giulia parts than the other way, as there are MANY GLA out in the wild who would want the update. The weakest link for the GLA has been the servo saver, many run without one, and just the alu servo horn. It works, until it doesnt.