R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eXpress Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Jon Williams
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

First things first:

Chris - Yes, I got your PayPal. You're all set.

Tag - Shut it.

Punkboy - Wasn't it cool to see Freddy? He was so chillin'. He sounded like Kathleen Turner too with that voice and all.

710baby - Thanks for the compliment! You had a nice bump-up yourself, yo.

WOW! I'm still reeling from that exhausting day, but what a great, great, great time--best time I've had at Jackson. First, I want to thank Fast Freddy for hooking the team up with tires. That was huge and key in our amazing run at the event!

Secondly, big, big props go to the Jackson crew for really raising their game and putting on a great show for the T event. Sure, you had people with little complaints here and there, but you'll always find someone griping about something. You guys (Al, Dean, Greg/fam, Ray) did a fantastic job! The track was beautiful and really fast by evening. Running under the lights was also a blast. I can't wait for the eXpress event under the lights. That's going to be most excellent.

Finally, the event itself: Team eXpress was dialed. Qualifying was amazing. Between Jeff, Tim and me, I have to say we put on quite a show. Tim had us the first round by like 2 seconds; second round, Cuffs and I were in the same heat running back to back with me leading by 0.1 seconds until the last lap where I wiggled a touch and he beat me by 0.1 second! Third round we all turned up the heat and I had TQ again until the last lap with another little wiggle with Cuffs taking the TQ by 0.2 seconds! CRAZY! So, qualifying was: 1. Cuffs, 2. Williams, 3. Getchell, 4. Tag, 5. Dodge

Last round our cars were super dialed: Cuffs and I turned 23: 5:11, 12 respectively which is a new track record in stock on rubbers. It was like our cars were riding on rails.

The main was crazy. First, Tim took the lead while Robbie and I were fighting hard for third. While I was taking the pass, Robbie gave me a shove causing me to get launched. Cuffs ended up passing me and I was stuck a half lap back in 4th the rest of the time. Game over for me. BUT, up front with like two laps to go, Tim clipped something and he and Robbie got caught up in a wreck and allowed Cuffs to pass them and take the win. Even Latif who was annoucing thought Tim had it. Anyway, Cuffs persevered and deserved the win cause eXpress just simply boned it--all three of us. Next time, Pects, next time.

So, it was: 1. Cuffs, 2. Getchell, 3. Dodge, 4. Williams, 5. Tag

As Freddy said, 19T was out of control. Only Joel Johnson kept cool (no duh!). I qualified really strong for 2nd behind Joel. (Joel qualified with a 24, 5:06, me with a 23, 5:01, Darroch with a 23, 5:04 and Cuffs with a 23: 5:06) In the main, I stayed closely in 2nd behind Joel for about 5 laps and then all hades broke loose: I got taken out by a lap car and something broke and I had to pull off cause the car was spinning out and stuff. Game over. Cuffs was moving through the field and got taken out about 5 times. Game over. Greg Sharpe kept clean, had his car handling really well and ended up taking 2nd behind Joel. Congrats to Greg on a super good, clean run in 19T!

For those of you who aren't sure if you can come to the eXpress race, you GOTTA COME! The racing is going to be top-notch and the atmosphere will be even better. Bring your tents and be ready to rock and roll.