R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Cd-3
Thread: Ofna Cd-3
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 AM
three50zx
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody have a spring rate chart for the Ofna brand springs? I used to run the NTC3 and I am currently using Associated springs on this car. I got the CD3 from a friend of mine and immediately put the graphite shock towers on but need some suggestions with shock position F/R upper and lower. I am currently using SNR LD3 setup because Ofna CD3 setup sheet is not available on the Ofna website. Most to all companies that have a race car usually provide a baseline or sponsored racer setup sheet for the public to view. SNR's setup sheet only shows the plastic shock tower positions. Considering the LD3 and CD3 are different lead me to ask for help. I tried the setup this past weekend but the rear end kept sliding out. I changed the rear tires to 37s and it drove a little better but I know this car can run with the best.

The surface I race on is treated Asphalt (parking lot), 110ftx70ft. The surface is some what slick and a tight layout. Most to all the racers get good grip with 40s all around. I am running:
Front
40 shore
Front one-way
AE copper springs
60wt shock oil/ 2 hole
2º camber
droop 2mm
antiroll bar 0º
toe angle 0º
caster 11º

Rear
40 shore
rear diff 10k 4 gear
AE copper springs
40wt shock oil/ 2 hole
2.5º camber
toe angle 2º
antiroll bar 0º
droop 4mm

This is my first Ofna car, any help would greatly be appreciated.

three
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cnv0074.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	70581  

Last edited by three50zx; 05-16-2005 at 09:10 AM.