R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CK25AR 1/12th car kit from Team CRC
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 07:29 AM
Razathorn
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
Now that the new car has been in the hands of racers for a while and the Snowbirds are behind us, this would be a good time for a hearty community conversation about the effects of raising or lowering the new adjustable rear center pivot. So who runs how many of the little shim washers, and more importantly, to what effect???
I've been running stock shimming and been winning at club racing. Haven't been motivated to change. We've got a healthy 12th scale class with a mix of xray, awesomatix, crc, and all three brands are essentially running the same times and coming down to consistency and some times traffic. We're like all so close week over week its not even funny. Eight minutes of trying to drive more perfect than the next guy. My current line of experimentation is how tall I can true my tires anti-chunking methods and still be competitive, lol. I'll try some RC changes in the future, I'm sure, but I'm literally book build 3.75mm ride height with 1mm pod droop and -.5 caster and a diff. It's just... so good like that I have a hard time messing with a good thing.

Wayne