R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XPRESS Execute XQ2S
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 07:28 PM
Soul Surfer
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ntc3freak
Where are you seeing the bit where XP-10634 are required? Asking because I also plan to use XP-10652 with the XQ2S roll-bars. Have already ordered XP-40052 and XP-10239 along with it, but this is the first time I am seeing this info about XP-10634.
The 10mm grey XP-10634 ends are listed in the XQ10 manual and are the lower ones installed on the arms. Sorry if I caused any confusion as I just realized the black sway bar kit ends are 10mm as well. However the screw lengths and the gap dimensions between the links are totally different. I was just going by the manual just to make sure.

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Yes I did, but find it annoying that I have to pop off the ball joints to adjust the length. And even if you do, you are almost forced to make a complete turn on the ball cup which might be too much. This is not an issue if you have absolutely no tweak in your bar or if your car is perfect across the axle. But if you have to make an adjustment this system is not ideal.
The 10R system is a more logical solution (more like what I have on my xray) and i've implemented it, but the length of the sway bar is a bit longer than needed which means as one arm goes up, the ball joints would be pushed even further back than it already is. The only way I see to get the assembly to be perfectly vertical would be to trim the bar back a little. In the images it hard to see, but the joint are not straight up and down which is what I would prefer. .

I know what you mean. I spent a good couple hours Saturday night getting mine sorted. If you need to cut them without applying pressure, a Dremel with a cutting disk might be a good option.