R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Making Tires with 3D Printed Molds
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 09:56 AM
RC10Nick
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Happy friday everyone! I've got a big update today.

To start with, I uploaded a new mold design to Thingiverse today: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5252607

This is a simple mold I designed early on in my tire making journey that I was able to use to make tires without the need for a pressure pot or vacuum degassing chamber. I wanted to give people a project they could try out without having to throw loads of money at expensive equipment.

To go along with this mold design, I've created and uploaded a short video series on Youtube.

My goal with the video series was to share everything I've learned about resins and molds and how to make tires. The first video covers the resins, the second video covers what I've learned about designing molds, and the third video is a step by step instruction walkthrough on how to make tires using the simplified mold design.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video