R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Do's and Dont's of selling
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 12:11 PM
ExRCRacer
Suspended

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
It’s only $x dollars works both ways. Buyers are fickle. How many times is money burning a hole in their pocket? If you don’t accept the $95 in hopes of getting your $100, are you prepared to accept $90 a few days later. Besides, how many deals fall through? At the end of the day, these are toys, not food or rent. No one has to have used rc cars.
If I have something up for $100 and someone offers $95.... they are just trying to feel good about themselves thinking that they "negotiated" a better deal. It's a waste of time and I personally will tell ya "no thanks". They are probably the type that will file a PP dispute on you for something stupid so I'd rather they walk anyway and not deal with it.

Most in this hobby have a shopping problem and just buy stuff to buy stuff. I've found that the biggest babies when it comes to negotiating live in the RC community. It's boarder-line petty actually.... and this conversation is proof! Look at the crying over my making a statement about $5.00 less than asking prices .

Anyone here that is truly honest with themselves and has done more than 3 deals in the RC community, knows all of this to be true. There's a difference from being a good negotiator and being a pain in the a$$. Most in the RC market are the latter... let's get real.

Last edited by ExRCRacer; 02-02-2022 at 12:55 PM.