R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XT2 2WD Stadium Truck Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 11:46 AM
JCG1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by mykol
I'm new to the area and just stopped by the track today. I used to run 4wd SCT about 7 years ago, and was just starting to get into stadium truck when life got busy. While down at the track today I heard the stadium truck class doesn't have the best showing here, and some people suggested buggy might be a better choice. I'm 99% certain I'm going stadium truck and torn between an XT2 and T6.2. Have you had an issues with parts breaking and/or availability? Seeing old threads I've seen people complain about the older models of the XT2, but I'm hoping they've all been solved.
At the PDX track the truck class is very well attended and has seen a resurgence in recent months. Several of us now run them and have a great time!
The XT2 is awesome, but to be fair the AE is the more prevalent chassis with the most racers to bounce ideas off.

If you go with the XT2, aluminum steering components help making the steering more precise: bell cranks, steering link or servo horn (in no particular order and you don't need all 3 at once).

Other than that, the truck never breaks!

Enjoy.