R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F201
Thread: F201
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 05:20 PM
MYXTYPLYX
Tech Addict

marvi- Yeah that carbon painted body is too cool. It's on my must have list as well.

TPhalen/Darkseid- The tires do seem to wear fast but don't let the grooves fool you, the tires hook up better as slicks. We're gonna start running them in our area as a speck class using 19 turn motors and touring foams since touring wheels fit. We'll have to see how it goes.

big al/TPhalen- I agree that stick packs only chassis bites. You could dremel out the inner top ribs, use an aftermarket chassis and tape up your side by sides. Myself I think Tamiya or another manufac. will come out with a new top plate that will allow the use of side by side or even saddle packs later. I just hate to take the dremel to something this beutiful.

Darkseid/psycho- Until proper gearing changes can be done, motor and battery overheating is something to consider. Around here we've been using 2400 sport packs and compared with a guy that is using matched 3000, we haven't given any ground. Save your competition packs unless you have an adjustable motor mount.