R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCLAB 7even Cars.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 01:59 AM
chrisimp
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well it's been two years or so since I last posted anything lab related, covid happened didn't it 😒 the big events in 2018/19 didn't happen again in 2019/20 but started November last year for this season.

The lab has been piloted by my son in 17.5t spec class as his first TC outings and he's done really well with it, the lab being the tank that it is has been pretty faultless, only struggling with the typical rear diff on these failing, we used the ta04 diff but became very inconsistent in runs due to being unsealed.

For mainly future reference and anyone else, ta07 37tooth sealed gear diff has now been fitted in the GT3 with the use of flanged bearings and shims to position the diff nicely inline with the centre pulley.

So with that being done it's becoming more and more future proof with brushless power being more aggressive on the drivechain 😎 next a different front spool to save the old lab ones, again probably tamiya, if only I had my old ta07 still 🤦

for the next round or two he's been gifted the use of a modern/current chassis so we can see if he's being messed up with the lab being inconsistent (not ran with the new diff yet) so I will at some point give the lab a shakedown to confirm running.

But the Lab lives on!