R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Air filled tires
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 11:59 AM
8T
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nineball
Seems like we're scraping the bottom of the performance barrel and everyone is looking for the next gimmick to get a tenth of a second. There haven't been any new developments since the DRK's multi-stage timing, so I guess this is what we're left to get excited about. What do y'all think?

I don't see the point, since running low PSI is typical for full scale drag cars, and at scale we're talking about significantly less than what I'm hearing people are filling their tires to. I'm a fan of my foamless reactions, but I hear there are other advantages to the air pressure.
I've run just about everything. Foamless Reactions are my mainstay right now. Air has too many issues....constantly filling tiny holes, hoping the superglue will keep them closed, constantly fixing leaks in the sidewalls. It's not worth the extra 1/10 of a second to me. Keeping the car running straight is more important to me than traction is right now. I really liked the Voodoo's but im not going to go that way because of the way they treat their customers. There are a few other companies that are going to release some new tires after the 1st that will be as good if not better than the Voodoo's. So, for me....no air, no Voodoo's and im still running sub 2 seconds. I see far too many folks chasing something that's the "new" thing, but their actually better of refining what they already have. Most, can't even go straight, do that first!!