R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Identifying This Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 05:52 PM
HK500Pilot
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
This was an awesome engine in its time. NR was experimenting with piston materials and different crankshaft pin diameters. This one has the smallest pin diameter NR sold to the public. I don't recall if this one had a forged or cast piston. I was not very good at tuning and picking the right header/pipe combo when I ran this engine. But I got some pretty good finishes non-the-less. Roeloff can probably expand on my comments as he is in Europe and saw/used more of this engine than I.
Thank you for passing this information along. I was looking for some history behind this engine and I appreciate your comments. I’ve been racing electric for awhile and really wanted to get into nitro. Long story short this motor was part of the 8th scale package I purchased here on RCtech. I grew up with nitro engines and flying planes but that was a long time ago and these engines are quite different all together. But there’s nothing like a well tuned nitro engine singing it’s song so to speak.
I also have a Novarossi Murnan Mephisto that I’m planning to use in a Mugen Seiki have coming next week. I put about 3 hours or so on the 359 over the summer and it performed very well. I had a feeling the engine was older but it got me on the track and I had a great time with it.
It sounds like parts are hard to find which kinda bothers me now but I’ll run it next summer and just try not to worry about it.

Thank you for your help. If anyone else that has used this engine in the past wants to chime in I’d appreciate it.