R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 5.0
Thread: TLR 22 5.0
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 07:15 PM
Evoking1230
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
I’ve always said that folks who will primarily be running on carpet have the toughest choice… The C/D blocks will just give you a greater range to adjust RC and pivot width a bit, but the VHA conversion kit will also give you rear hub height adjustment (considering that the standard rear hub is just set to the equivalent of the 0 height of the VHA hub), much more precise outer link adjustment, and adjustable axle plunge. Buy those two, and you’re already in almost $100 more. When you consider that you also get the Aluminum steering rack and servo mount, titanium turnbuckles, carbon shock towers, it would be tough to

I don’t know. The Elite was a no brainer if you race on Dirt/Clay, which pretty much explains why they eventually discontinued the DC - everyone was buying the Elite anyway. I’m honestly surprised they never replaced the AC with an AC Elite. So, back to the question - could you get away with just the C/D block conversion? Maybe - but you’ll probably want to get that VHA conversion eventually.
I was looking at that as well. MAYBE I can find a used Elite lol.