R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KYOSHO INFERNO MP10e
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 07:44 PM
Matty A
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ackchyually
I'm not J.Whiting, but the double-wide hubs increase track width, increasing rear traction. Kyosho also makes a narrow hub, that brings in the wheels a whopping 1mm. Not sure if it would even make a difference except on a high-speed, high-bite, and smooth track.

Depending on your track conditions and what you want the car to do. For example, I run DARK BLUE 70mm (1.5mm) springs on front and LIGHT BLUE 84mm (1.4mm) on the rear. I chose this because the MP10e is a boat anchor, and I needed to ensure weight transfer to the rear wheels as well has handle large jumps and whoops. The car handles quite well on a track that is rough, hard-pack, and technical with big jumps. I'm even thinking about going a little bit firmer in the rear as well. I am not a fan of the RED 70mm (1.5mm) springs. In my opinion, they require too much preload, to achieve my desired front ride height, and take the spring out of the sweet spot.
Your view of springs isn’t quite right. A linear spring (most rc springs and certainly the Kyosho 1/8 springs) have no sweet spot, the force they apply between say 20%-80% of unloaded length is linear kgs/cm - Hookes says so. A stiffer spring in the rear will reduce weight transfer to the rear if that’s your goal. According to Kyosho the light blue you’ve fitted is softer than the purple stock spring. A stiffer spring up front does very little for jumps. Dampers do most of the work. A stiffer spring also has less force in rebound (suspension extending from ride height) and therefore is slower reacting to holes than a softer spring with preload. The worst thing you can do for handling is to stiffen springs on a bumpy/rough track. General rule for Motorsport toy cars or 1:1 soft spring = more mechanical grip than a stiff spring

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ave-less-grip/

Joćo Figueiredo buggys below from last weekend’s races. Plenty of preload and that dude races for money / rc glory so he’s putting the fastest package together after both he and Reno test test and test.

Last edited by Matty A; 11-10-2021 at 04:13 AM.