R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 12:08 AM
gigaplex
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OFFroadrunner
Been racing my m04 and something never quite sat quite right with me about how the servo is mounted.

I followed instructions and used one of the self tapping screws and a washer on the servo to mount it to the little servo mounting block.

But the screw is way smaller diameter than the hole in the servo ear. Basically if I don't crank it down really hard it is at risk of moving and becoming misaligned. This has happened already once where one screw backed out a tiny bit and left the servo free to move a lot in each direction.

I would use the rubber grommets that come with the servo to take up the space but the instructions do not show this and also when I did try the rubber grommets the self tapping screw is not long enough. I tried with a longer self tapping screw with the grommets, the thickness of the rubber made the servo sit too low in the chassis so the arm was contacting the chassis.

Do other servos use a smaller mounting hole? I've not seen this dimension listed on the servos specifications. Is there something else I'm missing?

The servo is a spectrum z590.

Thanks
Most servos have a similar sized hole. This is normal. You can get aftermarket screws for this though:

1up Racing ServoLock screws.