R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MRC trucks
Thread: MRC trucks
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 07:37 AM
crookedlawyer
Tech Initiate

Default MRC trucks

Does anyone here run MRC trucks? You don't hear alot about them anymore....probably because they are getting hard to find...but I run two of them, an Ironman and an MT-10s.

The Ironman is considered a monster truck but I guess technically it isn't since it is more like a jacked up stadium truck. The funny thing about it is that it actually is a better truck than the Stampede because the stampede's ground clearance is a little bit misleading.

The Stampede has about 4" of ground clearance in the middle of the truck but since the front and rear arms are only about 1-1/2 to 2" from the ground, the effect is that the truck only has about 2" of clearance. Plus the servo hangs down there as well. On the other hand, the Ironman has 2-1/2" inches of ground clearance all the way across the board. I find that my friend's Stampedes are sometimes unable to get over obstacles that my truck has no problem with....i.e. curbs.

I originally bought the Mt-10s (stadium truck) as a parts car for the Ironman since everything is basically the same, but have since cleaned it up into a nice truck.

Tell me what you think,

Steve