R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ARC R12 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 03:59 PM
Carnage9270
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I thought there might be some dissention when the pics came out. I think if the upper links were formed from plastic (i.e., xray) it would "bolster" this more. I will say I don't think I've ever run into a situation where that area of the car flexed too much (unless it was a pipe I was introducing myself to intimately). The turnbuckles create another problem where in order to set your camber you have to set both links. This causes undue stress that you really cannot feel at the wrench and may make a casual tap into something much more severe. This feels like "keeping up with the Jones's" but in a way that is very superficial.

The rest of the things on the car really do nothing for me. I can't tell you how many times I was looking to replace my outdrives on my spool and wished I could do it while it was still in the car. The low friction stuff I get, cause the non low friction stuff still has leaking problems even after "fixes" were made. Active rear suspension...hated it from day one. Adds more parts to the car for no real reason as if you are setting something like this...you are probably running a different car.

But to call this the 12.1...yeah, doesn't feel like it to me. Looks like an excuse to sell more parts as they've added a ton with no real upgrade to performance. Just my thoughts...sorry in advance if I've offended anyone.