R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 10-12-2021, 03:12 PM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevjoh1
Just curious if a converted 1/10 pan car to f1 pan car is allowed? Have an extra 1/10 pan car laying around and some modifications I can get f1 wings mounted to it. Just curious...🤔
I've been down this road. If you are just doing this for fun, go for it. However for racing, most F1 class rules used to state the lower and upper front suspension needed to be attached to the chassis in an area that was covered by the body. At the time the only way to do this was to find a way to make Tamiya of HPI F1 suspension work.

Now that many more r/c companies are making F1 cars, it might be possible to use their front end pieces on a modified pan car. If you look at Calandra F1 cars, it would be pretty simple to use their front end on a modified pan car, but it might be cheaper to just buy the whole car than customize your own. I will dig out one of my old Indy cars that I raced at the Indy Velodrome and show you the solution that we came up for converting a RC10L3O.