R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Future of 1/8 E Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 05:35 AM
ahe243
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by abailey21
.But I think the culture is way more toxic than its ever been, I've haven't seen anywhere else that a person in their 30-40's needs to scream at an 11 year about not flipping his toy car over correctly.
Literally this weekend a guy pushing 50 was arguing with a 13 year old for jumping the track. even went to the race director to try and take the kids win away and had to have a drivers meeting over it. 3 marshals said he didn't jump the track. then even after that when they were doing awards he wanted to pull the kid aside and argue more but his parents put a stop to that. the kids mom made a good point in saying grown men arguing with kids is why there are no kids in the hobby. Electric, nitro, 8th scale, 10th scale it doesn't matter when you have 50 year olds arguing with and trying to take wins away from 13 year olds the future of it all looks bleak. I hope I never care about toy car racing so much that I want to argue with a kid over rather or not he drove over some drain pipe gaining .3 of a second.