R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Future of 1/8 E Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 03:28 PM
abailey21
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
Way too much attitude in this hobby anymore. Folks tend to take it way to seriously and who cares what is what! I like and enjoy nitro and electric. If folks are gonna argue between the two as to which is best then maybe they need to consider stamp or coin collecting rather then be hateful and miserable. No matter how you look at it it's a toy car. I've seen so much bs over the years at tracks from all classes and it just gets worse. The idea with a hobby is to have fun, enjoy yourself and tinker, but that's not good enough for a lot of folks. Attitude, smh.
I agree with you but I think it goes well beyond our little hobby. The "Karen" phase we all seem to be in as a society. I feel its the worst its ever been, and I agree with the guy above you too, I remember these talks in the late 90's every time participation started dropping off. Albeit wasn't all over the internet due to the fact we basically had AOL chat rooms at the time.

But I think the culture is way more toxic than its ever been, I've haven't seen anywhere else that a person in their 30-40's needs to scream at an 11 year about not flipping his toy car over correctly. Meanwhile their wives are berating an 18 year old server for not putting enough ice in their coke. Maybe we as a society need to truly look at ourselves, or we need to punched in the mouth and humbled a bit, I don't know I'm not a doctor? lol
Is the rest of the world as bad as Americans, on and off the race track?