R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What's Happened to ROAR Racing?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 01:28 AM
Roelof
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
Yup same excuses.

Money gets poured into ROAR for memberships and their national events. Theres zero transparency and no telling where that money goes. People keep saying most workers are volunteers. Ok so where's the money then?

Volunteer to work for roar? Sounds like a waste of time since the regional directors wont be able to do much to change the organization. I've already been taken advantage of by Roar by giving them money to race at the track I worked at. Why support an organization that does nothing for me?

At least NHRA advertises events nationally to attract the general public and this list:

BECOME AN NHRA MEMBER

• NHRA National Dragster subscription: Spectacular action photography, in-depth features, and the sport's best racing coverage (12 issues per year)
  • 25% off your NHRA.tv, NHRA's exclusive live streaming and VOD channel
  • $40 off your tickets to your favorite NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series events
  • 10% off NHRA merchandise from NitroMall and NitroMall.com
  • Digital Rulebook (with members-only pricing on print edition)
  • Official NHRA membership card, collector's pin, and decal
  • Free admission to Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, California
  • 10% off Dragmart classified ads you place in NHRA National Dragster
  • $575,000 Excess Medical Insurance

They offer more than Roar and actually deliver. Crazy stuff
Such a list also stands or falls with the activity of the people behind it.....
Also our Dutch Nomac started many years ago to claim a 7 euro from all the club members. In exchange they got an ensurance and discount at some shopes with the OMAC card. The discount and card lasted 2 years (I think) and I know once the insurance was needed they did everything to lay it at 1st at the person his own ensurance.
But still such a construction that clubmembers also pay a fee to the national organisation is normall over here. Several sports like Soccer, tennis and hockey know the same construction.