R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 10:32 AM
OffRoadJunkie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wipnkseth
hey. I have a Redcat Blackout SC truck. Recently bought it. It was driving and sounding fine. All of a sudden, it started making this weird grinding sound. I've YouTubed the problem and, oddly enough, a lot of people are having the same problem. However, their's are already making that grinding sound right ouf the box. Mine didn't started making the grinding sound UNTIL I drove my truck off a huge ramp. I've already checked the gear mesh, spur gear, and the teeth for all the gears. Everything looks decently fine. Again, it's quite new. Any ideas?

I'm not too familiar with those trucks, but they all work the same. While coming off a jump, the motor could move in it's mount. This will cause the gap between the pinion and spur gear to change. See if you can adjust it. To help narrow where the grinding is coming from, while holding the car in the air and accelerating, try to slow down one tire at a time, then the two rear tires, then the two front tires, until you hear the grinding. You also might have a rock stuck in a gear.