R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway - Waterbury, CT.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:05 AM
Raketemensch
Tech Initiate

I drove down yesterday and dropped a bunch of cash on parts to build out my first 2wd buggy — it’s so easy to order stuff online, but we’re so incredibly lucky to have a local shop and I realize that it’s important to support it however possible. There used to be a shop with a track 15 minutes from my house, but it’s gone now, and I’m constantly wishing I’d spent more money there over the years.

Of course, I picked up everything I thought I needed, but ended up short ONE 4.8mm ball stud. It’s a perfect example of why having an LHS is so important, given a choice between a 30-minute drive or waiting 5-7 days for something to ship to my house, I’ll take the drive so that a) I’m not stuck without a car, and b) once I get it rolling there’s an actual track to drive on.

I’m also not sure how aware everyone is of their website, but they’ve also got used gear on there too. I picked up a nice 17.5 motor pretty cheaply, and there’s a bunch of other stuff on there worth checking out.