R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya M-07 Concept
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 04:34 PM
Techno Duck
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
What is everyone's go-to for shock orings? I'm tired of my Tamiya shocks leaking all the time. None of my other brand shocks leak, and I'm careful when building to not scratch the shaft or cut the oring. I also use green slime. I don't know why Tamiya has such a good reputation for shocks.

I've just put some 4mm ID shims in to compress the oring to see if that helps.

On another note, what about ball studs? The aluminium ones on the M07R wear out pretty quickly, and they're largely sold out at the places I normally shop so I can't just keep replacing them. The stock ones from the regular M07 don't appear to be sold separately either.
Any more feedback on the leaking shocks? One of mine leaked immediately after building it despite liberal use of green slime. This is with the blue x-rings also. I have about 8 races on these shocks and they are all leaking pretty bad now. Still on the original seals, but packed with green slime. After just cycling the suspension a few times on the bench for chassis setup the bottom rod ends are wet. I was thinking of ordering a pack of Tamiya 54855 spacers to compress the x-ring more, but i'm not exactly sure if these will fit. I have some small metal shims that will fit, but i don't want to scratch the shock shafts.

I think the x-rings from the Associated B6.1 shocks are the same size (and even some Traxxas slash shocks). Ive been meaning to pick up some next time i am at the track.

And i agree, the plastic shocks from my 3Racing Sakura are dry as a bone and haven't leaked a drop!