R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1717 at full capacity?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:47 AM
TonyM286
Tech Initiate

Default Don't know...

With that motor and a locked center diff, it should have the performance you are looking for. Not sure where the power is going, unless it is just ESC settings messing it up. Can you put the motor back in its old truck to test it? See if same as you remember? Have to start eliminating things one at a time in isolation.

Later,

Tony

P.S. I have been to Australia twice when in the Navy. We circumnavigated Australia twice. Been to Sydney, Perth, Darwin, and Townsville each twice. Took an Adelaide river cruise to feed the Crocs, was amazing. Took 2 diving tours when in Townsville to the Great Barrier Reef, saw Giant Clams...was amazing. Those were the first dive tours where I was truly afraid I was going to get eaten by a Great White...lol. Had to swim 200 yards in open water from where the boat anchored to the reef... Visited Canberra once on one of the Sydney visits, beautiful capital. Loved visiting your country.

Originally Posted by DAMO33
The whole idea of buing an extremely high torque motor is that it can push a much higher gearing, if i went back down to that gearing id have no speed with the 1580 kw id be better off with the castle 2200.
BTW yes it is the MT4 G3, and im having trouble buying a body to fit. He was supposed to buy some bulldog body that i paid for but didnt.
Im using a mm2 esc brand new and a Gens ace 4000mah 65c battery which is very powerful.. Im sure it should be taking off way way harder than it is..
BTW i ended up locking the centre diff, but it was backflipping before that.
Thanks mate. Yeah Mono is Wheelie lol. Good ol Straya Slang like get me flamin Shiela to throw a snag on the barby lol