R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 08:06 PM
rcosmax
Tech Adept

Sorry Bundyman. I dont know where my needles are at now. I really dont like screwing them in to bottom them out and get a baseline, it is just too easy to damage a needle seat/needle. I could give you mm in from flush though if you like.

I have to check on #'s tonight but i can say which pipes I have tried. First was the sts tunable inline. I was still on breakin and when I had the flameout issue I changed to a milke 6mm pipe and after realized the lsn was the problem so havent switch back to the sts to try again. I also ran a nova 6mm but it didnt like that pipe so much. seems to run great with the milke, but I want to try the sts again to compare now that I know were the tune is.

Could you give a part number on the Nova piston you used? My experience with novas are all micro cast pistons and I hate them because they wear soooo fast. I only have a little over 5 liters in the sts d5r now so no wear to speak of yet. Did you run the sts piston to the ground and then replace with a nova piston and re breakin, or from new with the nova piston/sts sleeve?
cheers