R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which 4WD SCT?
Thread: Which 4WD SCT?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 06:51 PM
egalsim
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
The biggest issue you may see with the Tekno is when it wants to do Donkey kicking off of some jumps that against a TLR or at the time Team Durango car they would glide right over it. It was something we fought with for awhile, but considering the car was money on 95% of the track we just dealt with it. Mainly slam into brake and then right back into throttle before you hit the jump in question.

Overall having owned the various iterations of the SCT410, test drove some Losi's and helped work on them, and owning both iterations of the Durango SCT 4x4, the last iteration of the Durango SCT that you can't get anymore was probably the best balance of strength of the Tekno versus handling of the Losi.

But, if I was picking from what is out there now, I would just get the Tekno.
Definitely, the Durango DESC10 was definitely the best combination of performance and durability, too bad it's no longer being produced, only flaw that it had was a terrible motor mount. I too owned all 3 (Tekno SCT410, Losi SCTE 2.0, and Durango DESC10). I was hoping that Arrma would re-release the DESC10 as a pro version of the Arrma Senton using the Arrma Senton's motor mount. (basically exactly the same as the DESC10 in suspension components, and drivetrain except for the motor mount and chassis plate).