R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NOVAROSSI Engine thread....
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 06:15 AM
Micah78
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ray4624
hi all
ive recently been biten by the 1/8 racing bug and would like to convert my nt48.3 from bashing to racing
ive got a pair of 28-8s that ive sourced backplates and cranks for to convert to bump start motors.
what pipe should i go with for a med size loose dirt track with the truggy?
ive currently got a 9886/41021 combo on it. Will i notice much changing?

im hoping the bump start version of the 28-8 is enough to at least hang with the new motors that are out there on the track today.
the truggy class is pretty small but it should be fun.
You should have plenty of power to hang with the newer engines that are out there. The only problem you may run into is fuel consumption. Your .28 will consume more fuel than the smaller displacement .21’s being run. Another thing to consider is that your .28 may be overpowered. When racing on a track it’s key to be smooth and not wreck a lot. If you’re engine has too much power it will cause you to break traction more often and make your truck squirrelly. The .28’s were really made for overpowered bashing fun and not for racing. If a .28 is what you got, go ahead and run it! You will still have fun and could still do well depending on who you’re racing against!😎