R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new radio and receiver?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 07:14 AM
RCTecher1337
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TonyBen
Hello All,

I'm looking to upgrade my Reflex 14 and will also be looking at getting some other RC's in the future. I'd like a good radio that I can pair with multiple cars. I'd like to install a new Savox SV1257MG or a Spektrum A5060 high voltage servo and I'd like the smallest receiver that can handle the voltage. I'll be running a 2s and 3s LiPo. Looking at a Futaba or Spektrum controller/receiver. I'm leaning toward the Futaba for nostalgia's sake since I used to have a Magnum Jr back in the day, and I'd like to spend $150 or less.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tony.
I was in the same position you were a couple of months back and was also leaning towards a Futaba, but then someone on this forum recommended a Sanwa MT-S. RCMart currently has the transmitter only for $110. You won't find a better radio in your price range and it is perfectly suitable for racing and bashing.

I chose the cheapest shipping when I ordered mine in January and had it in my hands in 2-3 days. Small Sanwa knockoff receivers can be purchased for as low as $25 (Das Mikro). The knockoffs work great, there is a thread dedicated to them in the Radio and Electronics section.