R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2wd vs 4wd Buggy as first buggy
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 08:54 AM
Zuestman
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by estill
Here's 2 cents from someone that has both and is not very good at either. Get the one that make you happy.

My son and I are here in Tacoma. We mostly are there for open track time. We only club race every 6-8 weeks. Here are my observations that may help you pick. For club races there is typically enough cars in 17.5 2wd for either a full B Main or a short C-Main. There is a range of skill levels in that class. Starting out you will have someone in the same skill level to rub tires with. In 13.5 4wd, there seems to be a bigger disparity between the new guys and the fast guys. It's also typically a smaller number of entries. The last couple of times I raced 4wd there were a couple other slow guys and we had fun

Go the club race tomorrow night or Sunday on liverc.com
First off thanks to everyone here for all the support and help with this!

Estill, I live in seattle area so went down to tacoma on Saturday for practice with the SCT and holy hell I had a blast. Then on Sunday went to do practice before they raced, but that was closed down for race only practice. So instead watched the practice and watched some qualifying heats.

Decided on a B6.2D and picked it up there... should be getting my motor on Wednesday... already started the build!