R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - It needs to be said!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Solico
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm in my twenties and have tried to get into RC racing a few times when I was younger - nitro and electric on separate occasions - but I couldn't make it to the track on my own and sold my stuff. I just got started again and finally made it to the track and I've been dedicating a few hours a day to my buggy. It's difficult, yes. I love it though and I appreciate learning curves as I feel that's what makes the hobby fun. However It's sometimes frustrating and if it wasn't for the fact that an experienced guy heard my engine running terribly and came up to help me - I probably wouldn't have made it a lap. Let alone had a practice day. He gave me the confidence to know that I can at least have a practice day since worse comes to worse he can just get my motor up to speed again. Mentors are extremely important and I hope to learn as much as I can to try and be a "mentor" myself by the time I'm that experienced. But I feel like there's less and less people willing to go through those trials and revelations to have fun. After all they can just pop in a battery and have instant go.

I love nitro but I wouldn't be lying if I didn't say I wasn't jealous of those guys that just run battery after battery with zero downtime or tuning headaches. And I've only gone the to track 3 times. I'm giving it my best shot to learn but I don't think many others would do the same.