R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho 1/10 not competitive anymore?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 08:43 AM
OffRoadJunkie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purplegrape
Is Kyosho simply not competitive anymore?

saw the 2wd RB7SS for $219 on sale

but you can get the TLR or AE buggies for only $30-40 more

curious if Kyosho is no longer a competitive brand for 1/10

XRay, Yokomo seem to be the other competitive brands

Not sure why you're asking this question. I have seen you in forums where people are talking about the RB7 success all the time. There are a lot of people that still have podium finishes with this buggy. If you look at the specs of it, There isn't any other current performance enhancing parts that this buggy doesn't have that would make is less competitive. Kyosho is able to sell their buggies for much less than the other brands because #1, they don't have the high dollar sponsored drivers and #2, RC cars are not their main source of income. So, are they competitive, absolutely. Do they have outdated performance enhanced parts? Absolutely not. Over all, they are still the most adjustable car out there.

Now, some might say the it doesn't have the quick access diff, but that is not a performance enhancing feature. It is a service enhancing feature. As I have mentioned a hundred times before, if Kyosho were to update the car today, what updates would they make that would make it worth buying a new buggy?

As far as I can see, the only current designs that the RB7 is missing is:
- Quick access diff (Currently an aftermarket part)
- A carpet version with a gear diff (currently a hop-up part from Kyosho)
- Being able to adjust the ONLY the diff height. (currently an aftermarket part)
- Easy access ball studs (currently an aftermarket part)

Out of all of these upgrades, the only performance enhancing ones are being able to adjust the height of diff without moving the motor and gearbox and the gear diff. All of which can be purchased as an aftermarket part.